Our surveyors will help and advise you which glass will best suit your needs.
We help to solve
- Security issues
- Safety issues
- Heat loss
- Noise problems
- Fading of fabric, furniture and pictures
- Window cleaning at high level
- Sourcing leaded glass for new windows
Why is high quality glazing important?
- Wood used from sustainable forests means that trees are planted to replace any that are cut down. Timber is the most sustainable and the greenest choice of any window material.
- Although plastic can occasionally be recycled it is normally downcycled or thrown in landfill instead. Unlike wood, plastic is also non-biodegradable.
- The manufacturing process to make a plastic window also has a toxic impact on the environment. For every wood window you install instead of a plastic window, you save around 160kgs of carbon dioxide.
- In a fire, plastic windows will melt, resulting in them give off dioxins and hydrogen chloride that can cause permanent respiratory disease.
Superlative Double Glazing
The internal window pane of our standard double glazed units is manufactured using a soft coat low emission glass. This glass reflects heat back into the building. Heat reflecting, or low emissivity glass should be clear in appearance and is particularly appealing to our customers in period properties.
Unlike some types of heat reflecting glass, which have a visible green tint, due to the “iron content” it can reduce the solar gain through the glass. To improve insulation further, double glazed units from The Sash Window Workshop incorporate a thermally efficient spacer bar between the internal and external pane. The cavity between the two is filled with an inert gas and then sealed.
We often use PLANITHERM glass in our timber windows and doors, which is known for its high performance and low-emissivity. Our Document L units comprise as minimum 4mm low-e glass / 10mm Argon (WER C rated) or Krypton (WER A rated) filled cavity / 4mm low iron glass.
What Glazing Choices do I have?
There is a wide range of glass available. When it comes to choosing glass, you have an unrivalled choice at The Sash Window Workshop. Some of the most popular choices are:
- Patterned Glass range
- Acoustic Glass
- Security/Safety Glass
- Toughened Glass
What Performance should I expect?
All our glass products conform to the highest industry standards. Outlined below are just some of the standards our products meet.
- BS EN 1279
- Document L Building Regulations
- Document N Building Regulations
- Window Energy Ratings WER A-C
- CE marking in accordance with EN14351-1 2006
To view examples of our previous work, view our gallery pages.