The Bi-glass product is only offered by The Sash Window Workshop. We remove the existing glass from your windows, alter the glazing rebate and fit new glass which can include double glazed units to your windows. We also carry out the full draught sealing service to your windows at the same time. Leaving you with a window that is double/re-glazed, secure, and draught proofed. The best thing is, that all of this can be completed on site from our customised vans and experienced trained Bi-glass installers.
Listed below is the detailed process of Bi-glass, showing exactly what we do. We can Bi-glass box sash, casement windows and doors. This depends on the condition of the existing window or door frames. Our surveyor will conduct a thorough survey of the windows and doors in your property and will advise you if this product is suitable to meet you individual requirements.
- Commence draught sealing procedure
- Remove sashes from window frame
- Rout out existing putty and remove glass
- Deepen the glazing rebate to accept the unit specified
- Cut corners out square using a chisel
- Fill glazing rebate with silicone and bed in glass
- Fit double glazed units with spacers between the glass and frame
- Bead glass from exterior with standard hardwood edge bead
- Fill any gaps between edge bead and sash
- Paint any bare timber
- Bond on glazing bars as appropriate
- Continue the draught sealing procedure
Our standard glazing specification is:
External 4mm / Airspace 5mm / Internal 4mm Low Emissivity (Low E) glass, with safety glass as appropriate to conform to building regulations.
It is further possible to choose from a variety of glass types for both the internal and external panes, depending on the glazing solution you are looking to achieve, eg noise reduction or extra security. However, if the glass required increases in thickness, then your frames must be in proportion. Your surveyor will give you best advice.