The Sash Window Workshop Guarantee
The Sash Window Workshop Ltd warrants that the Services shall be supplied using reasonable skill and care and that upon delivery and for a period of 3 years from the date of delivery the Goods shall be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979, reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are supplied and free from defects in material and workmanship.
We shall provide guarantees in accordance with the following schedule:-
|Product||Guarantee Details||Time from Delivery / Installation|
|Draught-seal and repair||Workmanship, materials and repair work||3 years|
|Bi-glass work||Workmanship and materials||3 years|
|Furniture / mechanical devices||The longer of Manufacturers' guarantees or TSWW guarantee||3 years|
|Heritage double glazed units||Sealed unit failure including misting; not breakage or cracking||5 years|
|Standard double glazed units||Sealed unit failure including misting; not breakage or cracking||10 years|
|New joinery workmanship||Oak, Hardwood, Accoya®, Tricoya||20 years|
|Accoya®, Tricoya||Anti rot guarantee||50 years|
*Timber is a natural material that expands and shrinks according to local environmental conditions. We cannot guarantee any new door or frame against minor twisting and distortion (+/-10mm) as a result of timber movement. All other warranties remain valid.
These guarantees are given by us subject to the following conditions:-
- We shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from fair wear and tear, failure to follow any instructions supplied to you in relation to the Goods, defective brickwork or render, misuse, alteration or repair of the Goods without the Company's express prior approval.
- We provide a guarantee against the failure of any paint finish (white or pastel shades only) on new products fitted by ourselves, for a period of three years from the date of installation and subject to the following:-
- You will clean windows and doors regularly to prolong their life.
- You will not allow abrasive tools, strong detergents, ammonia, bleach or other harsh cleaning chemicals to come into contact with finished surfaces.
- We adhere to the visual standards of the Glass and Glazing Federation www.ggf.org.uk and cannot guarantee against any imperfection or variation inherent in the glass making or glass toughening process.
- Any claim by you for breach of any of these guarantees must be notified to us as soon as reasonably practical after the fault or damage is discovered. In order to avoid any confusion or delay, notification should be made to us in writing or if made orally first, confirmed in writing as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
You must maintain the Goods as set out in these guarantee conditions particularly in relation to paint finishes. Failure to maintain the Goods in accordance with the relevant guarantee terms or maintenance schedule will invalidate any guarantee given by us in relation to such Goods.
INSURANCE BACKED GUARANTEES & DEPOSIT PROTECTION
The Sash Window Workshop issues an insurance backed guarantee (IBG) and deposit protection plan automatically for:-
All orders including new windows and doors that meet Document L legislation under FENSA guidelines.
All New Joinery orders for work over £5000.00 in value (Inclusive of VAT)
All other orders on request by any customer.
The IBG is provided through QANW, and will cover:-
Deposit protection of 25% of the contract value up to a maximum of £10,000; or
The actual deposit paid as shown in the schedule; whichever is the lesser.
Materials, workmanship, failure to complete the project. The IBG mirrors terms of The Sash Window Workshop Warranty in the event that the company ceases to trade for a period up to 10 years from completion of the work.
Transfer of the warranty should your property be sold.
For the purpose of insurance backing the following terms apply:
Timber windows and door frames are guaranteed against any failure in welded joints and distortion for a period of not longer than 5 years from the above commencement date.
Glass sealed units manufactured by ourselves are guaranteed for a period no longer than 10 years after the commencement date above for the failure of hermetical seals (i.e. misting between panes).
Locking mechanisms and hinges and all metallic moving parts are guaranteed for 3 years subject to regular maintenance by customer. Cosmetic deterioration to handles, letter plates and door handles etc. due to general wear and tear are not covered by this guarantee.