The Sash Window Workshop manufactures a complete range of wooden front doors for period homes.
Over the years, we have created a Classic range of door designs, ranging from Georgian front doors to Victorian timber front doors, which are sympathetic to period buildings. We can also provide bespoke detailing to match the style of any existing door as required.
Designed to be in keeping with the character of your home, all of our timber front doors
- Are made to order by craftsmen to each individual design that is agreed with you before manufacture.
- Incorporate the very latest in door technology so as to ensure industry leading security, insulation, durability, finish and reliability.
- Conform to or exceed relevant building regulations (FENSA) requirements for complete new timber doors including the frame.
- Comply with European quality standards EN1279 for glazing and EN14351 for manufacturing quality where relevant.
- Come with a 20 year guarantee.
We aim to use only the best materials. We consider a number of key factors when deciding what timber to use for our new front doors. We are fully FSC certified, and manufacture our timber doors from Accoya™ or durable hardwood. Click here to find out more about these timbers.
Glass and Glazing
We can offer bespoke glazing specifications to suit your requirements. Our wide range of suppliers enables us to cater for a large range of applications and glass styles, such as: patterned glass; obscure glass especially for front doors; and safety and laminated glass. Please click here for more information on glass and glazing.
Paint and Coatings
All our painted wooden front doors have at least three factory-applied coats of paint. These comprise of: basecoat primer; preservative undercoat; and white semi-gloss topcoat finish. If required, we can also offer a large range of coloured paints, as well as bespoke plain and waxed hand coated finishes from specialist suppliers at an extra cost.
Locks and Furniture
In addition to our standard door furniture, we are able to source bespoke locks and ironmongery from specialist suppliers to best complement your period timber door.